Atlantic Engineering is a structural engineering consulting firm in business since 2006.
We provide services to a range of clients including architects, design-build contractors, and owners. Our diverse portfolio ranges from single family homes to retail/commercial, multi-family residential buildings, and beyond. Our wide variety of structural services include structural design, seismic upgrades/retro-fit, forensic evaluations, and building renovation.
Due to significant growth, we are seeking staff additions for our Mount Pleasant and Columbia offices. We offer a work environment focused on collaborative problem solving and exceptional client service.
Junior Structural Engineer – EIT
Atlantic Engineering is looking for self-driven, motivated entry-level engineers for our Mount Pleasant and Columbia offices. The ideal candidate will possess a strong interest in structural engineering for buildings, problem solving, and a commitment to professional growth and excellence. Growth potential is significant and will be based on the candidate’s abilities and ambitions.
- Analyze and design structural steel, concrete, masonry, cold-formed steel, and wood-framed structures in conformance with governing building codes and design standards
- Prepare neat and organized engineering calculations
- Assist with preparation of technical specifications
- Collaboratively work with project team members to prepare contract documents
- Assist in performance of structural condition assessments of existing structures and prepare engineering reports
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines, architectural teams, and contractors
- Perform construction administration phase services (submittal review, respond to RFI’s, conduct site visits, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering required
- 0-4 years of structural design experience
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification required
- Understanding and application of code requirements
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with minimal supervision required to complete tasks
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office
- Experience in structural building design, detailing, and construction is preferred, but not required
- Valid driver license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for an employment-based visa.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Interested qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Mount Pleasant, SC office)
email@example.com (Columbia, SC office)